Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Friday, October 06, 2006

Multi- whats'its

Seems to be no multiculturism here in Bali - a single Balinese culture embrassing many religions all living together in their urban villages. Most people are Hindu but there are many Muslim, Catholic, Protestants and Buddists too. My language teacher is Catholic, my drver (well the vso driver) is Muslim. The police insisted I have a relgion on my Identity Card but I got away with 'Nothing'. The multi religion thing at least gives plenty of holidays, enjoyed by all so as not to give offence! Also each neighbourhood seems to have an almost continuous string of festvals and parties with the streets decorated along with the village hall and the temple, including great 6 metre kites hanging from the ceilings.
Finished my language training, tommorrow motorbike training in the traffic (god help me!) then of to Jogjakarta on Sunday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best of luck with traffic training
Stan

12:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home