Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Timetable


Alice Suryani


Bristol dockside


Bridgwater canal



So much for my tortuously prepared timetable designed to ensure daily sessions of chess practice, AutoCAD, house cleaning, drawing, paperwork etc. Having attended a meeting to meet Craig Murray the now sacked UK ambassador to Uzbekistan who objected to the regime’s widespread use of torture despite it being a fellow bulwark in the ‘war on terror’ I bought a copy of his book. Can’t remember when I last bought a book not from a charity shop! At all events I wasn’t disappointed and spent a large part of the week reading it, now finished.

A German film at the Arts Centre last night “The lives of others” was gripping and about life, censorship and the secret police in East Germany before the reunification – the atmosphere was very much the same as Murray had been describing in his book

Having noticed a lonely hearts advert in my newspaper one morning I checked it out and soon found myself ‘profiled’ and signed up to a dating service – free but then with no access to anyone without paying for a ‘premium’ service. All the same, a brief 24-hour trial upgrade allowed links to 2 or 3 likely contacts. I met up with the first this week, a very attractive lady with a quite alarmingly similar range of interests and attitudes, but who knows? - We will see. It was too a fine day with the dockside trees in Bristol starting to shed their autumn leaves

Alice in Sumatra has apparently had a successful operation, which is good news but will surely need to recuperate before returning to Jogyakarta and husband Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home