Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Party Time





A country house, well – a converted tithe barn actually, hired by my offspring for a weeks party for my birthday! Most aged relatives, neighbours and friends seem to end up with a goldfish pond ! How much better, and what a building – a kitchen that would grace an ocean liner, a ping-pong table, sauna and a trampoline in the orchard. An adjoining cottage was taken by brother Emlyn and his family.

An amazing number of people were there from far and wide, staying or calling in and we spent the week mostly feasting, with two of the family practically being chefs, drinking cider and Portuguese wine. The evening dinner table had from ten to twenty people around it each night and during the day there was talking, walking, playing games and bouncing on the trampoline.

Back in Bridgwater life inevitably seems quiet although my chess club has resumed and the weekly art classes have started. A couple of paintings are exhibited at the Arts Centre – I live in hope of my first painting being sold to a discerning collector! Steps are being taken to re-open the internet café in the Engine Room media and film centre in some form, though probably with no food.

My bricklayer’s current forecast for building my garden wall is this Friday but I’m not accepting any bets, and with this week’s weather it is better to pack away the garden furniture for the winter and retire indoors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home