Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Horizontal and vertical networking

Hello! am back blogging!

So much for the quiet life of retirement in Somerset. I made a further application to Voluntary Service Overseas for a foreign posting, was invited to an assessment and amazingly accepted. They must feel confident of finding me something to do, paying for a full medical and series of training courses.

I’ve just returned from the first course – an extended weekend at Harborne Hall in Birmingham, which ran at neck-breaking speed covering international finance, cultural pitfalls, corruption and sex. Great to be in the company of so many nubile, young (by my standards) ladies and a few strapping and lively young men. Daunting nevertheless to be reminded of all the problems that I should have been familiar with but had forgotten about - dealing with a headstrong or missing employer and unfathomable in-Country vso workshops about horizontal and vertical networking.

On the home front am finishing off a number of paintings before selecting the best ones to submit for the December exhibition at the Arts Centre. Any sales can go towards the money that VSO are wanting me to raise, and help me in clearing the house ready for letting.

Brean Down

Bridgwater Carnival

Claire II

The Lagoon - Tarawa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home