Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Friday, July 23, 2010

Ready......Steady.....

Receive message that my flight has been booked for less than a fortnight’s time and before I would have completed my host of vaccinations. I assume that this is simply a Voluntary Service Overseas test of my blood pressure and agree to a new departure date of (about) 20 September, which apparently will mean travelling out with a groupof volunteers and with whom I will share language and Country orientation programmes on arrival in Papua New Guinea which will be no bad thing.

Back in the real world and the Bridgwater Arts Centre exhibition I find that I have sold to a discerning buyer my second picture this year which is flattering and encouraging – I must see what I can doo in the tropics, I fancy some languid, Gaugin inspired works if I’m not too busy working and dodging mosquitoes.

Never ending job of stacking more and more into the attic, trusting it won’t all fall through onto subsequent tenants, and touching up paintwork all round the house, but steady progress and playing too with a super new minature camera provided by my offspring as a going away present. Vaccinations now all complete, lung function tests satisfactory and only an eye test at the hospital next week and I will surely be as qualified as an astronaut!
riverside houses, Bridgwater
W Rushton sketch for phrasebook

unruly garden to let
Goodbye home

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home