Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Up-dates




One and a half days off work with self inflicted food poisoning- with all the power cuts the fridge is really only a cupboard after all. Boss Raymond rang and called round ready to take me to hospital and Philippine neighbour provided a herbal remedy and I recovered.

Blisters on soles of feet through too much walking about but happily fixed and I must take more care

Trip to Lusaka – two and a half hours on a big, crowded bus but comfortable enough.  Doctor pleased to see blood pressure continuing to reduce and adjusts prescription.  VSO happy with the contribution I am making and assure me that my time will be extended, one way or another – to be confirmed within a week.  2 of the 3 travel agents who I was checking out could not be found, my trusted taxi driver reckons they must be ‘suitcase’ businesses and to keep clear – and contacts at the vso office are going to be able to advise. Aquire new camera to replace a good one that seems to have fallen out of a pocket when leaving the plane on arriving in the Country – not nearly as nice but the best that could be found and certainly better than the decaying old one that I still carry.

Back in Kabwe I have found a bakery/snack bar that has brown bread, samosas that taste like samosas, chips not floating in grease and (admittedly bottled) fruit juice,  It is run by a European looking bloke and his family.  He was born here son of an old chap who is still about and has a family with his local wife – the children are blond and blue eyed and all very happy.

pictures next time, using new camera

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better - and now drinking bottled juice! x becca

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home