Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 28, 2016

fish and trains



Funny how in any Country it seems that the people who get up and go to work earliest and who come home latest are the ones who earn the least amount.  I’m sure there’s a moral there somewhere – I will work it out one day!

To the old mine site again, looking for the fabled lakes so visible on Google Earth and spoken of in travellers tales.  Despite the gritty remains of pit wastes there is a jungle of reeds and bushes making progress difficult and with little visibility nevertheless, and with the help of families sifting for gravel for concrete I do find two of the smaller lakes which look to have potential for sailing and fishing.

At the railway station there is one official who confirms that I can get to Livingstone at a very reasonable rate but only twice a week at 2am and an 18 hour journey. The sleeper and business coaches advertised on the radio are no longer provided and using the same train to go to Lusaka is also cheap but takes twice as long as the buses

Minehead lake
Town centre
rented settlement homes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home