Ozymandias

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: bridgwater, United Kingdom

Friday, March 25, 2016

VICTORIA FALLS



Wake up in the morning to the noisy sound of a generator – clearly another power cut.  But, no, the sound is actually the great Victoria falls just ten minutes walk away from my luxury hotel which also happens to be inside a National Park so apart from the monkeys we have gazelles, zebra and giraffes wandering about the grounds.  A guided tour around the park reveled more wildlife – hippos, crocodiles, buffaloes and more but sadly no elephants or lions “they’ve crossed the river and gone to Botswana because it’s too wet here just now”.

The falls were astounding, lots of climbing about and getting wet but well worth it. Returning I flew to Lusaka instead of the six hour bus journey and amazingly found some acrylic paints at last before getting the bus home to Kabwe.
Preparing now for my relocation to Kasama on Monday. Eight hours on the bus but still quicker, and possibly more comfortable than the occasional train. Before that I am going with local friends to see Wonder Gorge and share a picnic about 50km east – pictures next time hopefully.
 

 

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Pat
I am so-o-o envious. Well done on being so adventurous, keep blogging.

Val Webb

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home